2nd UN Ocean Decade Regional Conference &
11th WESTPAC International Marine Science Conference
“Accelerating Ocean Science Solutions for Sustainable Development”
Bangkok, Thailand, 22 – 25 April 2024
2nd UN Ocean Decade Regional Conference & 11th WESTPAC International Marine Science Conference
The 2nd UN Ocean Decade Regional Conference & 11th WESTPAC International Marine Science Conference, referred to as “the Conferences,” are organized by Department of Marine and Coastal Resources (DMCR) and IOC Sub-Commission for the Western Pacific (WESTPAC) in partnership with the Marine Science Association of Thailand, Kasetsart University, Burapha University, Chulalongkorn University, Ramkhamhaeng University, and Rajamangala University of Technology Srivijaya.
- Registration will only be considered complete once the payment has been successfully processed
Cancellation and Refund Policy for Registration Fee
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the Conferences due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, participants will be notified and provided with options, including a refund of registration fees.
- Registrations canceled before 1 March 2024 will be eligible for a refund of 70% of the registration fee. The refund will be processed and returned to you within 30 days after the end of the Conferences
- Please note that no cancellation or refund can be made starting from 1 March 2024.
Data Usage and Privacy:
- Recognizing the importance of your personal data, the organizers will ensure that your personal data is administered and protected to the extent required under the Thai law,
- By registering for the Conferences, participants consent to the collection, processing, disclosure, and storage of their personal data.
- Personal data collected through registration on the Conferences’ website includes the following:
- Full name
- Year of Birth
- Nationality and country
- Postal work and/or private address
- Affiliation and/or organization
- Contact information including e-mail address, telephone number
- Emergency contact information including name, e-mail address and telephone number
- Dietary restriction
- Personal data provided during registration will be used for conference-related purposes only, including communication, badges, and programmes.
- Personal data will be retained by the organizers from the time of its registration until one year after the conclusion of the Conferences.
- Personal data may be shared with third-party service providers for the Conferences, including but not limited to those who provide administrative, IT support, and payment services.
- Personal data may also be disclosed to any other person to whom disclosure is permitted or required by any statutory provision or law.
Photography and Recording:
- Participants acknowledge that the Conferences may be photographed, recorded, or filmed by the organizers or authorized third parties.
- The organizers may use these materials for promotional and documentation purposes, including the creation of online content.
- Presenters retain intellectual property rights to their presentation materials but grant the organizers a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, and distribute these materials for conference-related purposes.
External (Third Party) Websites
- Please note that this policy does not extend to external websites whose link is included in the Conferences’ website.
Any request to withdraw your consent given here or access or correct your personal data may be subjected to such restrictions and conditions as prescribed under the Thai law.
This policy is governed by Thailand law, and you agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Thailand.