2nd UN Ocean Decade Regional Conference &
11th WESTPAC International Marine Science Conference
“Accelerating Ocean Science Solutions for Sustainable Development”
Bangkok, Thailand, 22 – 25 April 2024
Application Deadline: 12 December 2023 (Bangkok Time)
To nurture young scientists, the IOC Sub-Commission for the Western Pacific (WESTPAC) will award four prizes to young scientists at the upcoming Conference, two for the best oral presentation and two for the best poster presentation.
The four winners will be awarded full financial support for their participation in the next WESTPAC International Marine Science Conference (2027) once their abstracts are accepted, including the most economical roundtrip air ticket, food, and local accommodations.
Generic Criteria for Candidates:
- Under 35 years old as of 22 April 2024 with an accepted abstract for scientific sessions and special forum.
- Has registered and will be present at the conference.
General Process and Criteria for the Selection:
Each Candidate will be ranked between 0 and 5 (5 being the best mark) based on the following general criteria
- Quality of abstracts
- Originality, scientific importance
- Quality of slides, oral presentation and answers to the questions, or
- Quality of the poster, its presentation and answers to the questions
Selection of Best Young Scientist Oral Presentation and Poster Presentation:
- Session co-conveners are supposed to select no more than one best young scientist oral presentation, IF ANY, from their respective session and submit it, together with a brief justification, to the International Steering Committee for final selection.
- International Steering Committee will review and select the best young scientist poster in accordance with the poster presentation and display, as well as the evaluation form provided.
- The final selection will be made by the International Steering Committee for the conference with the assistance of respective session conveners and other invited experts, if needed, as panel judges.
- These awards will be presented by the International Steering Committee at the conference.
- Young scientists who are willing to be considered for this award are requested to kindly mention their willingness in their abstract submissions.